Guidelines for Submitting Furry CDA Protest Cartoons
As part of Tigerden's continuing effort to raise the consciousness of
the public, and especially of the furry community, we are hosting a series
of political cartoons featuring furries in protest against the CDA.
If the censorship and trampling of the First Amendment embodied in the
CDA makes you angry, put your feelings into a picture.
- 1. The subject should relate directly to the CDA or censorship
issues related to it. It should also, of course, feature furries.
- 2. Your cartoon should be 'in good taste'. Please, no spooge or
blatant sexuality. We want to *promote* our cause, not defeat it.
Likewise, the law *is* the law right now, and despite the fact we want to
protest, I'm not trying to martyr myself here.
- 3. If you want credit for your art, be sure to include your sig or
logo in the picture. I'll try to include proper credit on the index line,
but you must indicate how you want it to appear. Likewise, if you want to
remain anonymous, let me know that as well. See the existing list for
what an entry for your picture would look like.
- 4. Your picture will be viewed by many more than just furries.
Some may download and repost it elsewhere. Submit only if you have no
objection to this. I can't account for where the pictures go, or what use
they are put to.
- 5. Pictures must be submitted in electronic form. Right now, I've
no scanning capability, so original paper copies are no help. Puma has
graciously offered to provide scanning for those who need it. He may be
contacted by page #mail on FurryMUCK or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6. Pictures should be scanned into gif or jpg format, limiting file
size to a maximum of 40k bytes (much smaller if possible). Our server has
limited disk space, and a relatively slow modem connection so we can't
accept large files.
- 7. Submit pictures as a UUencoded file, or MIME attachment to an
e-mail message to email@example.com In the text of your
message include the following:
- Title you want for the picture on the index if different
from the file name.
- Your permission to post the work and your understanding that
we are not responsible for subsequent use by others who may download it.
- The name you'd like to see listed as the artist on the
- 8. I will be the final judge whether your work is posted. It may
be omitted for technical or artistic reasons (see above). I don't wish to
start any debate on whether or not *this* is censorship. Consider it the
same as submitting your comment to the editorial page of a paper. Not
everything is selected for print for *lots* of reasons.
I'll do what I can to acknowledge your contribution and get
your picture onto the page in a timely way. However, I'm up to my ears
with this issue already, so try to be understanding as we proceed. If
you have further questions or comments e-mail me at
Web page © 1996 Tigerwolf
Images used with permission of the Artist
Last Updated: 15 Feb 1996